Saturday, January 23, 2010

World's Best Man

I used some of the origami shirts from yesterday's post to make this set of cards dedicated to the men in our lives. We can all use a bunch of note cards in our stash to surprise Dad, hubby, Grandpa, a brother and even a friend, right? I don't have enough cards for men lying around and my customers are always asking for them. I've always found making masculine cards difficult and this makes them so easy! I don't have to be afraid anymore. LOL Originally I tried something else with the shirts and I didn't like the way it looked but I think that idea will be perfect with origami ties so I can't wait to try it.

I don't usually purchase designer papers that are suitable for male cards and find I have a shortage of these but this collection from Making Memories is great for masculine or feminine cards. I used the same dp for these Get Well cards so you can see what a difference theme and images make. Verve's World's Best set was perfect for these cards. I made sure there was at least one 'Dad' or 'Father' card in each colour because I think those will be the most popular, then made one card each for 'Brother', 'Grandpa', 'Husband' and 'Friend.

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; SU Bashful Blue & Kraft cardstock; Making Memories Chloe's Closet dp; Verve World's Best; Memories Black ink; Basic Grey buttons; Forever in Time buttons

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Great cards! So unique and so elegant!

Saskia :)

Donna Baker said...

these shirts are too cute, love your cards!! so smart of you to work ahead.

Rachael said...

I love these adorable cards! Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these are so cute!!