Friday, November 20, 2009

Warm Birthday Wishes

Happy Friday! I hope you've all had a great week. I'm personally looking forward to the weekend but I always do because hubby is home and I get a little more free time to myself. We're going to have more of this mild autumn weather that I love! ;)

This birthday card is for my brother-in-law. He lives in Denver, loves the outdoors, and participates in some crazy wilderness retreats so I think he'll appreciate this card. Silver snow is what happens when I have a huge pack of foil origami paper that I've been trying to use up for several years. I still have a ton of it. Anyone want some? LOL This card gave me the opportunity to use my brand new Martha Stewart snowflake punch. It's so pretty, don't you think? It's one of those new stamp and punch tools but I didn't use the stamp part because it was on foil and that was flashy enough plus I tried stamping on foil before and it didn't work. I really love how the silver snowflakes turned out! What I did was glue the foil on to cardstock before punching and embossing because foil is way too flimsy to stand on its own. I attached only the centres of the snowflakes to the background so that they would have a little dimension but not as much as if I used pop-ups. The sentiment is my own which I printed using the Trebuchet MS font.


Sources: SU chocolate chip cardstock; Paper Reflections blue cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; Aitoh Silver Origami paper; Pink Cat Studio Billy Hot Cocoa digital image; Copics; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU tearing edge; Martha Stewart Stamp & Punch Polar; Marvy-Uchida small snowflake punch; SU large oval & scallop oval punches; dimension squares

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Billy is so handsome.

Amy said...

TOO CUTE Emily!

Donna Baker said...

this is so cute, I love the silver snowflakes!