Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Special Anniversary

I didn't think I'd have time to make a card today but my little guy took a super long nap and I quickly threw this together. I think I should make 30-minute cards more often because I love how this one turned out. Mind you, I had a sketch for this that I've been dying to use for the longest time. Do you remember when mixing pink and red were taboo? We've sure come a long way! I used a mish mash of different brands and this card turned out much lovelier than I expected so I think I'll be using this layout again.

This wedding anniversary card is for hubby's cousin and her husband who've just announced they are pregnant with twins. Their anniversary isn't 'til after Christmas so I'm way ahead of schedule. I stopped making anniversary cards a while ago just because there are too many and I can't keep up. However, this anniversary is very special because this couple just ended four years of fertility treatments and miscarriages. I just wanted them to know how special this time of their lives is and since they've weathered so much their love must be so strong and that's definitely something to be admired and celebrated!


Sources: SU ruby red cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; Hero Arts DesignPrints Spiral & Star hearts; The Uptown Design Company 'Best Wishes' sentiment (top); SU Congrats sentiment (bottom); SU pink pirouette ink; ColorBox Alchemy pigment ink; PSX Snowflake embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; SU pink pirouette ribbon; Basic Grey button; Darice hemp cord; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Emily this is so elegant, wonderful job.

Stamp and Smile said...

Emily, what a FAB card! Great textures and that button is the PERFECT touch... TFS girl! :)

MicheyMoo said...

Oh so simple and cute - I can't believe it took you only 30mins to make this. Superb.
Michey xxx