Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pink Cat Studio ~ Nov 19th Digi Release!

Aw, poor Lily and Billy are sick! They're not feeling well but they're still mighty cute! I decided to make my cards around some gorgeous dp that I've been neglecting and these were the perfect images for it because together they have a warm and cozy feel, don't you think?

I used the striped paper up top like traditional wallpaper and picked a feminine floral one for Lily's room and a slightly more masculine one for Billy's room. I used ribbon as a border because I haven't used ribbon in ages (except for yesterday's card but I made that one after these). I'm slowly getting back into the ribbon groove. ;)

I paper pieced the armchairs, embossed Lily's bunny slippers and the cuff on Billy's tee because even boys need a little sparkle. I thought Billy could use a pair of slippers, too, even though he's not wearing them. HAHA! I popped the armchairs off the wall for the first layer and I popped the kiddies' heads and pets for the second layer which gives the cards a great 3D effect. Lastly I added the sentiments with light and dark 'wood' as if they're picture frames hanging on the wall.

Today's images are so cute they'd make anyone feel better! If you'd like to purchase Sick Lily or Billy, CLICK HERE to hop to the Pink Cat Studio Digi Store. Plus, don't forget to check out the rest of the DT projects this week! :)

Note: There will not be a release next week. Melissa's taking a much-deserved vacation! Don't worry though, I'll still have some new Pink Cat Studio creations to show you. :D

Sources: The Paper Company cottonwood cardstock; SU kraft & chocolate chip cardstock; Making Memories Chloe's Closet dp; Pink Cat Studio Sick Billy & Sick Lily digital images; Copics; SU crystal effects; Sweet Petites ribbon (green); AC ribbon (blue); Zig Emboss Writer; PSX Snowflake embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; Gutermann thread; SU large oval & scallop oval punches; dimension squares

15 comments:

Vicki G said...

Oh my goodness Emily! This is WAY cute! Love the paper pieced Chair!

Vicki

Kerry D-C said...

Emily, these are SUPAH DELISH! I love love love the paper-pieced chairs and how you made the DP look like wallpaper! Clever girl!

Anonymous said...

Ok, SOLD!! These ones I have to get! OMG, adorable and the way you paper pieced so some things pop out, perfect!!!

MacKenzie said...

These are great! LOVE all of the paper piecing! Thanks for the birthday wishes :-)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my gosh these are so cute.

Inge Groot said...

Hi Em, OMG both your card are so adorable. Love the paperpieced chairs, what a great idea again!!!

Hugs, Inge xOx

Inkerbelle said...

Awwwww Emily, these are supercute! Love all the intricate the paperpiecing.

Scrappinangler said...

These are just precious! Love how you paper pieced the couches! :) ~T

Saskia said...

Lovely cards! Your colour-combination is so fresh and so beautiful... I love it!!!

Saskia :)

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Emily--I love the scene you've created with wallpaper and the dimension! How fun these both are & would cheer up any lil' sick kiddo! Fabulous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jodi said...

These are such cute cards!! Great job!
Husg
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Emily -- these are just TOOOOO cute! Love the papers you used. You are so good at that (unlike me! lol) I love your Billy and Lily -- they are very cute, even when they're sick :). Have a great weekend!

Kristen said...

Emily, your cards are SUPER cute. Love all the dp you use. Wonderfully done.

Silli said...

***smile*** this is beautiful Emily... Big hugs!

Donna Baker said...

these cards are SUPER cute!!!