Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Pies

Well, it's about time I made something out of these Bettys which I had all coloured and cut out more than a month ago but were lying buried in this mess! I finally took the Bettys to the hairdresser where they all got their hair done. LOL

This cute Pink Cat Studio digi image of Itty Bitty Betty baking a pie was released on October 8th for all your Thanksgiving needs but I decided to make Christmas cards out of it. I can also see myself using it for birthdays, housewarming gifts, and feel better cards. It has great versatility!

This is probably the best I've ever coloured hair and it was fun practice. I still need to work on my hair colouring skills but I'm getting there. ;) So after I finished adding the curls, I embossed all the backgrounds that matched the oven mitts of each Betty. Then I cut out the one-inch squares that would coordinate with each background and stitched them in place. I accented each card with the simple sentiments and ribbon floor which would ground each Betty image. Lastly I popped the girls on their cards with dimension squares and they were done!

Please note there will be a Pink Cat Studio rubber release on Monday! Are you excited yet? They're really adorable so stayed tuned for more about that on Monday!

Sources: Halcraft 80lb smooth white cardstock; Q-Print 100lb white cardstock; AC textured earth tones cardstock; Paper Reflections coloured cardstock; Basic Grey Nook & Pantry cornbread, tea pots, beaters & fruit salad dp; Basic Grey Wassail merry happy dp; Pink Cat Studio Betty Baked A Pie digi image; Copics; DMC embroidery thread; QuicKutz retro diamonds embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU large oval punch; Celebrate It ribbon; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

7 comments:

Inkerbelle said...

These are so sweet. Love how you 'did' their hair!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Emily these are so sweet, they make me smile.

MacKenzie said...

LOVE the hair! Such a cute and clever idea!

Jodi said...

I love all of these images and how you colored them!! What a great idea for cards that you need to make lots of!
Hugs
Jodi =)

MicheyMoo said...

Such a cute idea and they look totally fab-o together, and equally fantastic on their own. I love the added hair bits. :)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

*Love* their little curls and the ribbon "floor"!

Stamp and Smile said...

Just beautiful Emily!!!! The idea on adding fibers for the hair is AWESOME... you have such amazing talent! Love the complete set... TFS! Hugs... :)