Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bright and Cheery

I'm not a butterfly person but I had to get this dp because it's so pretty. I knew it would go with some of my cardstock so I would use it eventually. I had no idea what occasion I would end up using it for and I must admit this is an unusual one! I'm not a traditional or conventional person at all so you shouldn't be surprised that this is a card for my niece's baptism. We weren't able to travel to Scotland for the occasion last month but she'll be here for U.S. Thanksgiving next week and I can't wait to give her the little blue box. ;) She's only 7.5 months old so it'll be a while before she appreciates the card and the Tiffany necklace but I know that my sister will make sure it goes in her scrapbook and jewellery box. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :D

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie patchwork quilt dp; SU textured whisper white cardstock; QuicKutz Epic Six; QuicKutz Sticky Note Mini Alphabet Set; QuicKutz retro diamonds embossing folder; SU scallop border punch; Basic Grey buttons; SU kiwi kiss 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon; Offray ribbon (pink and yellow); Gutermann metallic thread

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very soft and pretty, Emily!

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card... so sweet and elegant!

Saskia :)

Silli said...

wowzwers....Emily, love the papers and the soft colors... Great work. Hugs and happy weekend...

Melissa said...

This is adorable Emily! I love how you personalized it for your niece. Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving with your family.