Saturday, November 28, 2009

Billy Goes Snorkeling

I have a fun card for you today. Billy decided he wanted to go snorkeling, too. He wanted to share the fun Lily was having at the beach no doubt. I made this card for my boss' husband's birthday. The criteria given was 'anything beachy or with turtles'. I didn't have any beachy type stamps but always wanted to own some. I decided to order my first Taylored Expressions set Beach Bum and much to my disappointment it still hasn't arrived after two weeks. As a back up, I ordered the Pink Cat Studio set Lily at the Beach and swapped in Billy's head from Dress Up Billy. It was a perfect fit!

As you know, I almost never decorate the insides of my cards but I couldn't fit in a sentiment or the recipient's name without making it look messy so I decided to put all the words on the inside. I removed the 'HI' from the PCS sentiment and added a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment to complete the phrase. This is one of those rare occasions that my card is actually 'complete'. :P

Sources: SU kraft cardstock; Paper Reflections coloured cardstock; Aitoh Silver origami paper; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily at the Beach & Dress Up Billy; Imaginisce All Kinds of Happy; Copics; SU crystal effects; The Old Island Stamp Co. clear embossing powder; ColorBox Treasure pigment ink; Hobby Hot Boss; QuicKutz Sticky Notes Mini Alphabet Set; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU tearing edge; dimension squares

2 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love your colors on this one! The "sand" is nicely done too!

MicheyMoo said...

Oh he's just a wee bit tooo cute. Love the colours and technique you've used for the sand. Very effective.