Sunday, July 19, 2009

One Hour Card

What happens when my parents call me up and ask me to make a card in one hour? Big time panic! They needed a decidedly masculine card with some red in it. What could I do? I quickly coloured a construction worker Billy but added crystal effects to the tools and it wasn't drying fast enough. (I will use that in a future card.) I'm not very good with masculine cards, especially when I'm under pressure and have only an hour! Karen's Sunday sketch came to the rescue and I was happy I had some tool embellishments left over. The inspiration for this card came from a simple architect theme of drawing papers and Getty curves. I bought a bunch of new cardstock in the morning and was having the hardest time picking which colours to use. I also wanted to use stars and not a flower but the stars didn't look right with the hammer. In the end, I ran out of time and had to finish quickly so this was the result. I'm a little embarrassed to post this card but since I made it I feel it deserves a quick mention, almost as quick as it was to make. :Þ

Sources: SBD, Halcraft & Paper Reflections cardstock; Making Memories Chloe's Closet dp; Forever In Time 2" hammer scrapbook embellishment; Darice hemp cord; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; Memories Black ink; McGill 1-1/4" circle punch; SU scallop circle punch; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; EK Success dotted wave edger punch; dimension squares

4 comments:

Pirre said...

Wow, great card for man!

Karen Giron said...

You did a great job with this card - aren't masculine cards so difficult to do?! You "nailed" it, bwahahahaha! I know, that was lame...

Karen Motz said...

I LOVE this card! That little hammer is too cute, in a very masculine way. Masculine cards are the toughest, I agree! Great job with the one hour time limit!!!

Charlene Austin said...

This is so GREAT! I could never have given this card away...it's too perfect.